Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day 4

Thursday 19th November. Not telling weight today aarrrhh!!!!

4.45pm. Aha you say earlier than normal. Well that's because husband has put spanner in works of walking plan. He is working very late for the next 3 nights putting up the Christmas Tree in town square. The big one for whole city and it takes over 3 days to put it up. Talk about Christmas spirit. It's a bit ironic that my husband puts the tree up and down for the past 2 years as he hates Christmas (has to spend money in crowded shopping centre) and hates even more Christmas lights. I think it's karma because he doesn't do any Christmas shopping at all. I even buy my own present, wrap it and make him give it to me with him complaining about the cost of wrapping paper. If you haven't guessed by now he is a grumbly bum. Apparently men get grumpier as they get older, I can't wait..........

So this means I will have to use the punisher!!!!! Will let you know how I go. If you don't hear from me that means I took a heart attack.


Confession 2: I own a punisher and don't use it. One mother's day in May a couple of years back I saw this exercise machine a walker but the legs peddle around, (will take photo one day) on special at Target and told husband that I needed to lose weight (sound familiar) and would need to buy this machine. Well I got it and husband put it together. I couldn't wait to get on the beautiful thing. 2 minutes later clutching chest and gasping for air decided this machine was just too damn hard for fatties like me and I needed to get fit walking before I could use it. I did use it a bit and got to 15 minutes but kids told me to quit it because they couldn't hear the TV over my breathing.

7.51pm Kids are in bed threatened if they come out no swimming tomorrow and now I'm on the punisher and trying to watch "Glee" at the same time. Bit hard to get the whole concept while gasping for breath. Have to open the windows next to me and actually break a sweat on back of neck. 25 mins later get off machine and wobble in lounge room till found my footing. Husband just pulls up so quickly jump in the shower. He takes one look at me and quite astoundingly asks "Did you go for a walk". I said "Of course". He looks angry "Did you leave the kids here alone?". "Well I drugged them so they would not wake up", I replied and then I could not hold it in any longer and started to laugh. I told him the truth. "Not funny, Karen and you should only start with 10 minutes on that thing you could have had a heart attack your face is so red" says my husband with such concern in his face. (in my dreams) Well after getting dressed and sitting down I agree with my beloved that maybe I should have started with only 10 mins. Will sleep really well I imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment